Alliance Airlines is expanding our Cloud and Infrastructure Team and we are looking for a senior experienced Systems Engineer who will support and maintain the IT Infrastructure across our organisation. Reporting to the Head of ICT Services you will be resolving complex issues, implementing and testing new solutions, and ensuring the security and performance of the environment.
About the Role
You will consult on the architecture and design of new initiatives where you will ensure the security, performance and stability is forefront. Leverage your hands-on experience gained across various businesses and industries, where you have provided 24/7 operational support. This is a role where you will thrive on the review and improvement of current state and will be instrumental in the upgrades of systems and processes. You will have responsibility for a wide variety of technology which includes Azure Cloud, Meraki, IDM, Entra/Active Directory, EDR, Firewalls, SEG, Patching & Vulnerability Management, MDM, Monitoring & Alerting and Cloud Security.
This is a 100% on-site position (5 days a week @ BNE Airport Hangars) and participation in the weekly after-hours on-call roster is required (Every 6-7 weeks).
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assume responsibility for all core platforms and services within the environment such as Azure Cloud, DCs, DNS/DHCP, Meraki, Entra/AD (GPOs), M365 services, File Services, SQL, Asset, MDM (InTune, Airwatch) and Security (CrowdStrike & Abnormal) toolsets.
- Serve as the team subject matter expert (SME), with excellent knowledge on emerging trends and technology.
- Implementation of new services, platforms and technologies.
- Anticipating and managing service outages and major incidents (e.g., Cyber)
- Ensure the existence of robust business continuity plans for disaster recovery and security.
- Conduct regular audit of security tools and platforms to ensure solutions are adjusted, managed and properly licenced.
- Create and provide IT Infrastructure reporting and metrics.
- Ensure naming standards, appropriate documentation of full environment is provided and sustained.
- Experience in managing MSPs through monthly reviews, SLA adherence, service levels and proactiveness.
- Will be responsible for enhancing and strengthening the security posture while adhering to patching compliance.
- Travel may be required to Alliances bases and ports.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5+ years as Snr System Engineer (Lvl-3).
- Solid track record of building, implementing, supporting Azure Cloud, On-Premise and Network environments.
- PowerShell scripting and automation/orchestration experience.
- Experience in supporting 24/7 operations and understands business impact.
- Microsoft (Azure, 365 Certified, MCSE, MCSA, MCITP etc).
- Relevant certifications in IT, ITIL, CompTIA etc.
- Database administration and management of SQL (beneficial).
- Tertiary qualification in IT, Computer Science or similar.
Alliance is Australasia’s leading provider of contract, charter and allied aviation and maintenance services currently employing more than 1,400 staff. Alliance has world leading operational performance, a key attribute sought by its customers. We are proud to be known as Australia’s leading FIFO charter operator with a history of delivering the highest standards of safety, reliability, and operational performance for our clients.
The Company has operational bases in Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin, Alice Springs, Melbourne and Rockhampton.
Alliance’s core philosophy is to provide safe and economical solutions – solutions that other aircraft charter operators may not be able to provide. Although we have grown rapidly, we know the importance of responding quickly to our clients' requests and understand the need to meet both short and long-term requirements.
At Alliance Airlines, we make it happen!
If this sounds like the ideal role for you and you have the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you. Apply today.
- Drug and Alcohol testing and police check clearance will be part of the recruitment process.
- COVID safe practices will be complied with throughout the Alliance recruitment process and all applicants must also comply.
Alliance Airlines is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We are a merit-based organisation that supports local communities to offer long term sustainable employment based on delivering a safe aviation operation.