About Our Business
Alliance Airlines is an airline services company providing charter aircraft operations to Australia's leading businesses including the resources sector, corporate and business group travel, sporting teams, Government, Inbound and domestic tourism and services for our major domestic airlines.
We operate from bases in Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns, Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth and Darwin with a focus on delivering operational excellence to all of our clients.
We are seeking a highly motivated and organised individual who will join our high performing and dynamic Quality & Safety team. This position, reporting to the Safety Manager, will ensure effective implementation, administration and maintenance of Company Safety Management Systems and perform assurance activities, including the development of checklist, workflows to ensure harmonisation with CASA, IOSA and contractual requirements.
The position will be responsible for the day to day administration of WHS initiatives, such as Return to Work and Rehabilitation, as well as administration of other testing regimes.
Key Functions of the role:
- Assist with the classification of occurrences at appropriate level of risk and allocate assessments where required
- Analyse all safety occurrences to determine if Investigation is warranted
- Report any significant or elevated safety risks to Head of Safety
- Provide direction and advice to the organisation in matters of safety
- Provide advice and direction in the development of company safety system policy process and procedures including safety promotional material
- Participate in the development and maintenance of organisational tools, procedures and methodologies for Safety Risk and Change Management System
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly reports as required
- Ensure compliance with employment agreements and company policies in all Quality & Safety activities
- Manual maintenance as required
- Assist the wider business in development of risk assessments.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Risk Register and Change Management Register
- Ensure a high standard of WH&S and environmental compliance in accordance with state law
- Provide input and advice for WH&S standards and compliance in the workplace
To Be Successful
You will have demonstrated experience in a similar position and meet the below requirements:
- Administrative experience with maintenance of records and production of reports
- Fully vaccinated for Covid 19
- Experience in safety management relating to the provision of appropriate documentation, procedures, processes, and support services
- Experience and/or training in matters relating to Workplace Health and Safety, and Environmental Regulations
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in a team focused environment
- High attention to detail and accuracy of work
The following qualifications/knowledge will be considered highly desirable:
- A background in Airport or Airline Operations
- Hold a Safety Investigator accreditation
- Hold a Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety
- Certificate IV Work Place Training and Assessment or equivalent
COVID safe practices will be complied with throughout the Alliance recruitment process and all applicants must also comply.
Alliance Airlines is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We are a merit-based organisation that supports local communities to offer long term sustainable employment based on delivering a safe aviation operation.
To submit your application in strict confidence, please apply now