We are currently recruiting for an Operations Controller to join our team, carrying out a range of logistics and crew rostering activities across Alliances fleet of Aircraft. You will be joining an Airline with a strong growth trajectory and an Aviation business with market leading financial performance.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated and organised individual to join our dynamic and high performing team. This position is based in our Head Office, located at Eagle Farm BNE.
The Operations Controller is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the Alliance Airlines Network by coordinating aircraft and crew resources while ensuring the requirements of Safety and Compliance, Flight Operations, Engineering, Ground Operations and our Customer, are met.
Please note, this role is a shift role position with hours encompassing 24 x 7 operations, including work on weekends, public holidays, Easter and Christmas periods.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
Schedule and Disruption Management
- Maintaining the flight schedule within the Operations Control System
- Monitor and Control Airport Slots to maximise On Time Performance
- Actively participate in solving complex operational and crew management problems with internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive assessment and implementation of all disruption management plans
- Assessing short notice Charter requests and implementing / coordinating all aspects to ensure on time delivery
- Effectively communicate with the commercial team with regards to client recovery options during disruption
- Precise and timely internal and external Stakeholder communications
- Monitoring / Assessing Weather Conditions across the Network and potential threats to scheduled flying
- Management of all aspects of published flight and cabin crew rosters including but not limited to:
- Direct communication with Flight and Cabin Crew
- Re-crewing of services due to disruption, sick leave, or additional services
- Assessment and approval of Crew Trip Swaps
- Advice of Crew Roster changes both verbally and electronically
- Coordination of Crew Deadheading, Crew Accommodation and Transport
- Provide accurate and complete handovers to the oncoming shift
- Initiating and briefing the "Initial Assessment Team' when threats are identified
- Supporting Emergency Response (CERM) actions in line with organisational policies and procedures.
To Be Successful
You will have demonstrated experience in an Operations Controller or similar Airline Operations position with a proven track record within a high-pressure operational environment and meet the following requirements:
- Must be extremely capable with PC/Software packages including (but not limited to) Excel, Airline Operations and Crew Management Systems
- Be a clear, articulate communicator, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability in developing complex disruption management plans within an Airline or Logistics setting
- Highly organised and with demonstrated experience working to tight deadlines in a busy and ever-changing environment
- Able to delegate and work under intensive time pressures
- Strong understanding of Airline Operations and applicable Civil Aviation Orders and Regulations
- Understanding/experience in Crew Resource Management, Rostering and the application of legislation and industrial agreements relating to crew
- Understanding/experience of Airport Operations / constraints
- Ability to work both independently and within small teams
- Proven experience in driving and managing change within a team
Alliance Airlines is an ASX listed company and is Australasia’s leading provider of contract, charter and allied aviation and maintenance services currently employing in excess of 700 full time staff. With a fleet of over 40 aircraft (and growing to over 70) and 8 operational bases nationally, Alliance provides essential services to mining, energy, tourism and government sectors.
We have operational bases in Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin and Rockhampton and a dedicated engineering base located at Brisbane Airport.
Alliance Airline’s success is attributed to the extensive experience and complete dedication of our team. Each member of our network takes great pride in providing the highest standards in safety, reliability and operational performance for our valued clients.
Why Alliance Airlines?
From our ground staff, to flight attendants, managers and directors, we share a down-to-earth philosophy of working towards a common goal â providing a safer, premium flying experience for customers while creating a thriving work environment where our employees feel valued.
- ASX listed company
- 8 offices across Australia
- Huge expansion in 2021 and continued growth in 2022
- Open and collaborative working environment
- Supportive leadership
- Employee wellbeing program
- National career progression opportunities
- Active community support and involvement