We are currently recruiting for a Crew Planning and Rostering Officer to join our Operations team to carry out a range of critical activities across the organisation, including overseeing both Flight Crew and Cabin Crew resource allocations.
About the Role
The Crew Planning and Rostering Officer position is an integral position in the management and construction of crew rosters during the planning stage. The key components of the position are to ensure all compliance requirements are achieved as part of allocating and managing the Initial and Recurrent Crew Training programs, annual leave management and assignment of pairings and line flying to crew members rosters.
Reporting to the Schedules and Planning Manager, key responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of Crew Records within the Crew Management System;
- Scheduling and maintenance of initial and recurrent training requirements for both instructors and trainees (in conjunction with Flight Operations);
- Management of Crew members Annual Leave requests within the parameters of the Annual Leave System;
- Construction of crew pairings within the Crew Management System;
- Prepare and plan roster pre-assignments including, training, leave, non-operational duties and other requests;
- Construction of crew rosters taking into consideration all regulatory, company and FRMS requirements;
- Optimisation of rosters to ensure fairness, productivity targets, cost control, fatigue management and operational robustness is achieved;
- Publication of crew rosters within the assigned deadlines;
- Booking of Crew Accommodation and Deadhead Travel for each roster period, in accordance with Crew Travel Policies.
You are a highly experienced business administrator with a keen eye for detail. You will have the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment, managing stakeholder expectations to ensure positive outcomes across the business.
In addition, you will possess:
- Fully vaccinated against Covid 19
- Proven track record within a high pressure operational environment;
- Previous experience in aircrew planning or rostering positions;
- Experience in the understanding of Airline Operations and applicable Civil Aviation Orders and Regulations;
- Experience in Crew Resource Management, and applying the legislation and industrial agreements relating to crew members;
- Experience in understanding resource planning processes, theories and methodologies;
- Experience in identifying problems and implementation of effective solutions;
- Experience working both independently and within small teams;
- Extremely capable with software packages and systems, including (but not limited to) Excel, Airline Operations and Crew Management Systems;
- A clear, articulate communicator with strong written and verbal skills;
- Highly organised and ability to work to deadlines in a dynamic environment;
- Attention to detail and strong professional disciplines including but not limited to confidentiality;
- Ability to multi task and deliver results within restrictive timeframes in a dynamic environment;
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
Alliance Airlines is an ASX listed company and is Australasia’s leading provider of contract, charter and allied aviation and maintenance services currently employing in excess of 700 full time staff. With a fleet of over 40 aircraft (growing to 70) and 8 operational bases nationally, Alliance provides essential services to mining, energy, tourism and government sectors.
We have operational bases in Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin and Rockhampton and a dedicated engineering base located at Brisbane Airport.
Alliance Airline’s success is attributed to the extensive experience and complete dedication of our team. Each member of our network takes great pride in providing the highest standards in safety, reliability and operational performance for our valued clients.
Why Alliance Airlines?
From our ground staff, to flight attendants, managers and directors, we share a down-to-earth philosophy of working towards a common goal â providing a safer, premium flying experience for customers while creating a thriving work environment where our employees feel valued.
- ASX listed company
- 8 offices across Australia
- Huge expansion in 2020 and continued growth in 2021
- Open and collaborative working environment
- Supportive leadership
- Employee wellbeing program
- National career progression opportunities
- Active community support and involvement